Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost back to normal

This is somewhat related to my MC life. On December 5th of 2008, my granddaughters were placed in my home as a relative foster care placement. Tomorrow, Anasia and Paige are moving back home with my daughter, just a week short of a year. While I was not free to roam on the Connie, my life has been greatly enhances by my two angels. My wife was a big trooper as she watched "my" granddaughter on weekends that allowed me to teach 15 motorcycles classes (20hrs apiece). My stepson Neil made life easier by dropping the girls off at daycare in the morning and picking them up so that they arrived home as I did from work. I will get Neil a helmet holding backpack to use when riding his Ninja to Prairie State College.


As my last official foster parent act, I picked up Anasia at daycare on the Connie to ride to her school. I had a parent teacher conference at 4:00. She was smiling so big when I walked into her area of the daycare (actually before and after program for Anasia) in my gear with a helmet for her to wear. She was the cool one then. Paige will be big enough to reach the footrest on the Connie come next riding season.





I believe my own daughter has grown a whole lot this past her, gotten her head in the right place, working, not depressed and drinking. The girls are beyond excited to be moving back home. There was be a big gap in my day to day living, but life will be going back to they way it is supposed to be. Some of the gap will be filled with the Connie.
So as a prelude to Thanksgiving, I am most grateful for the blessing of being able to care for them this past year and all that they added to my life.
Jeffry




8 comments:

bobskoot said...

Jeffry:

Looking on the bright side, you were the man of the hour when the "chips were down" and you took them in for the past year sacrificing yourself and most of your spare time. You're going to miss the patter of little feet running around the house, of course, you could always volunteer to babysit when the mood arises.
While riding time is going to be more abundant, too bad the first snow is on the horizon. I think the girls are thankful that you were there for them. They are going to miss you too

bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin

Jeffry said...

I am planning on a once a month Amtrak ride (in winter) to spend the weekend. It will also give my daughter some break time.

Possible snowflakes in the next few days.

Mike said...

Jeffry,
Very nice post. Your granddaughters are blessed to have you and your wife as grandparents. Surely this past year has and will have an impact on their lives. It's good to hear your daughter is doing better too.

irondad said...

Bittersweet, eh? Glad they're back with their Mother, but it won't be the same for a while, will it?

Congratulations on the 15 classes, as one instructor to another.

Sojourner rides said...

They will never forget how you also changed and added to their lives. You all are blessed to be in a position to step in. On behalf of children who lived with grandparents, as I did, I want to say Thanks for stepping up and hanging in...

Lance said...

Jeffry, the girls are precious, and they are blessed to have grandparents like you and your wife. My best wishes for 2010!

RudyLemen said...

卡通做愛圖卡通做愛圖片卡通做愛地點卡通做愛影片卡通做愛影片區卡通做愛漫畫即時通做愛另類做愛台灣熟女做愛自拍台灣做愛自拍台灣做愛圖台灣做愛影片大奶妹做愛影片未成年做愛電影歐美成人做愛歐美模特兒做愛寫真正確的做愛正點老婆性感做愛正在做愛的女優影片正妹做愛影片無碼正妹上床做愛正妹上床做愛影片母子做愛文學水中做愛影片永平高中做愛洪爺做愛貼圖浪漫做愛浪漫床上做愛浴室做愛淫蕩娃做愛歐美愛做愛名模歐美同志做愛影片歐美做愛性愛短影片免費觀看未成年做愛做的事未成年做愛影片未滿18歲做愛影片本土美女做愛本土視訊做愛本土做愛自拍本土學生做愛照片

BurtNBey said...

溫泉做愛人妻做愛人妻做愛偷拍令女人舒服的做愛激情做愛激情做愛影片俠盜獵車手3看到做愛亂倫做愛自拍床上如何做愛情色做愛貼圖情趣椅做愛影片情呂做愛情人做愛性愛用品影片情侶做愛偷拍情侶做愛影片想做愛想做愛的女人愛愛做愛影片懷孕做愛a片懷孕做愛姿勢圖成人無碼做愛影片成人的做愛圖成人網做愛成人自拍做愛貼圖成人做愛自拍圖性感做愛影片性感做愛性感18做愛弟弟做愛影片影片瘋狂做愛影片美國女人做愛很色的做愛遊戲德國做愛雜誌忍者做愛怎麼做愛比較持久怎樣做愛容易高潮怎樣做愛持久怎樣和老公做愛怎樣情況下會想做愛怎樣令男人想做愛